Tuesday 5 August 2008

Andrew Gross - The Dark Tide

Book Master strikes again. This time I got introduced to an author known for collaborating with James Paterson occasionally. I liked James Patterson so I thought I'd give Mr. Gross a try (his name always makes me giggle as I think of Calvin and Hobbes.... childish, I know).

This book is a classic thriller. There is money, sex, occasional violence, crime solving and cheesy love scenes. They could have put that on the cover and that would have made me want to read it straight away.

The basic plotline is about a guy who dies in a train explosion on his way to work. After his family mourned his death, things appear that hint at the fact that he may not be dead at all and the disappearance of a substantial amount of money may have something to do with it.

At the same time, a couple of murders appear that the police files as unsolved. These tie up to the plot in the end.

Mr. Gross cleverly reveals small parts of the puzzle, which at first feel like we emptied the box onto the table, but slowly connect as we read along.

The characters are believable as we see them err and doubt themselves as the events occur and that makes me connect to them .

The book didn’t offer me anything new but it was a very enjoyable read and an interesting story.

V.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment