Thursday 30 September 2010

The curse of Fan Fiction...

All those times when I despaired because I was almost done reading a book have come to an end for me. Unfortunately, so has my willpower and ability to cope with more mundane things like house chores.

The world of fan fiction has given me back the characters I love in the long hard times when an author has to write a book and publish it. Sadly, this means that the book that I got hooked on suddenly turns into a whole universe with hundreds of stories. So far this has meant that meal times are an excuse to sit and look at the tiny screen of my smart phone absorbing a little bit more of the worlds I missed when the book was finally closed. I have also learnt to walk while reading and engineered some contraptions in my kitchen in order to have my laptop near me while cooking or doing the dishes.

However, make no mistake! These stories are not just amateur half arsed compilations. These are written by talented people that are so passionate and imaginative that a lot of the stories rival the books themselves. There are a lot of talented writers that seem to just lack the base. Their favourite stories provides them the platform in which to unleash their imagination.

My favourite fan fictions are book based, but there is a whole universe out there. Pick any topic (be it a Movie, a book or a TV series) you want and all you need is to let your imagination reign free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment